** West Nile Virus Detected in Tioga **
Tioga officials were informed this morning that mosquitoes carrying the West Nile Virus were found during the recent September 19th testing conducted locally by the Grayson County Health Department. Based on this information, Tioga has made arrangements for preventative spraying to be conducted during the late evening hours of Wednesday, October 1st into the early morning hours of October 2nd. If you have pets that are normally kept outdoors overnight, please consider bringing them inside for this particular evening.
** West Nile Virus Prevention Recommendations**
1. Stay indoors at dusk and dawn.
2. When outdoors, dress in long sleeves and long pants.
3. When outdoors, use insect repellent that contains DEET, picardin, or oil of lemon eucalyptus. Follow label directions.
4. Drain any item in your yard that can hold rain or irrigation water. Bird baths should be emptied and refilled twice each week. Drill holes in bottoms of tire swings to allow water to drain.
5. Use air conditioning or make sure there are tight-fitting screens without tears or holes on all windows and door screens.
6. If mosquitoes are landing on you, go indoors.