IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS WHO PAY THEIR BILLS ON-LINE.
PLEASE ALLOW 2 TO 3 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR PAYMENT TO BE POSTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. Past due charges will apply on all accounts if payment is not received by the due date, regardless of eBill or paper bill choices.
DISCONNECTION: If your account has been disconnected for non-payment, you should not pay on-line. Please call City Hall at 940-437-2351 to pay your bill and have your service reconnected. A reconnect fee must be paid in addition to the outstanding bill.
Click on the link above to View/Pay e-bills.
There are two options available to our water/sewer/trash utility customers who are interested in paying their bills on-line.
To receive paper bills and pay your bills on-line, register for an e-commerce account but do not sign up for e-bill. Click on “pay other” to pay your bill. You will not have the ability to view your account on-line using this option but you will be able to pay the bill. Please call City Hall if you need assistance with registration.
If you sign-up for e-bill, your bills will come by email only. With this option you will be able to log in and view your account as well as pay your bills. You will need your account number and your pin number which is located in the top middle of your paper bill. If you don’t have these numbers available , please call City Hall. We can provide your account and pin numbers and help you register.
There is a convenience fee charged to all customers who pay with debit or credit cards, whether payments are made on-line, over the phone, or in person.
New Residents must fill out an Application for Service and file it at City Hall. There is a $100.00 deposit for residential accounts and a $150.00 deposit for commercial accounts. There is also a $50.00 connect fee for customers inside the city limits and $100.00 for customers outside of the city limits.
In addition to the Application for Service, new residents inside the city limits must file a Application for Certificate of Occupancy. The City will schedule an inspection of the property that must be completed prior to moving in and having utilities turned on. The cost of the inspection is $50.00.
The inspection and meter activation will be scheduled for the next business day after the Application for Service and Application for a Certificate of Occupancy are filed with the City and all applicable fees paid. Please note that someone must be present at the time of the inspection to give the inspector access to the property.
Bills are mailed around the 20th day of the month and are due the 10th day of the following month. A 10% late fee is added to all outstanding bills on the 11th. Late bills are due the 15th day of the month. Service will be disconnected to any account that is still outstanding on the 16th. You must contact the City Secretary between the 11th and 15th day of the month to request an extension. Please note that leaving a message on the answering machine is not considered a request for an extension.
For EMERGENCIES with water and sewer service call City Hall at 940-437-2351. After Hours, call 903-870-6213 or 903-818-6610.
The City of Tioga offers a senior citizen discount to residential customers over the age of 65 who fill out and file an application for the discount. Application for Senior Citizen Discount.
With the vastness of Texas, it’s easy to forget two important facts about our state:
- We are subject to frequent droughts
- Our population is projected to double in the next 50 years.
Because of these two facts, water conservation is something that should concern everyone. Some tips for water conservation are:
- Don’t wait to fix leaks. Leaky faucets and toilets can waste thousands of gallons of water each month.
- Turn the water off when you aren’t using it. Allowing the water to run while you brush your teeth or shave or wash your hands can waste gallons of water each day. Shut off the water until it’s time to rinse.
- High-efficiency toilets, water-efficient showerheads and aerators for faucets and significantly reduce water usage.
- Energy –efficient and water-efficient washing machines and dish washers can help reduce water use, especially if you only use them when you have a full load.
- Design a water-efficient landscape by planting drought-tolerant grass and choosing plants that are native or well adapted to the climate conditions in your area.
- Use lots of mulch to retain soil moisture. One to three inches of mulch retains moisture, reduces runoff, helps moderate soil temperatures, aids in root development, reduces erosion and makes your landscape beautiful.
- One inch of water once a week should be sufficient to keep most Texas lawns healthy.
- Use a sprinkler that produces large drops of water close to the ground. Don’t use a sprinkler that produces a mist or a fine spray.
- Water in the early morning or late evening hours during hot summer months. Otherwise, the water can simply evaporate between the sprinkler and the grass.
- Check sprinkler heads regularly. Clear clogged nozzle and make sure the heads are working at the proper pressure and not leaking.
CHANGES ARE COMING TO OUR RESIDENTIAL TRASH SERVICE BEGINNING AUGUST 1, 2020. The once monthly large item trash pickup will be replaced with a weekly large item pickup every Friday and there will be no need to get added to a list. Also, the “Blue Bag” recycling program will end and be replaced by a self-service recycling roll-off to be located at the same drop off location. Click on this link to view service details.
Trash Pick-up is on Tuesday and Friday. Trash must be in bags and should be placed by the street before 7 a.m.
The City holds a “Spring Clean-Up” and a “Fall Clean-up” each year. During the Clean-up period there will be two large roll-off dumpsters available for our citizens to use. The dumpsters will be located inside the fence behind City Hall. Water bills must be presented to show that you are a resident of the City of Tioga who pays for trash service.
Rock, concrete, scraps of building materials or other trash resulting from building or remodeling operations will not be removed by the City or it’s contractor. However, any person may contract with the City’s franchise hauler or contractor for the disposition of such materials. If you need a large roll off dumpster for construction, remodeling or cleaning out a house, please contact Republic Services at 972-316-0789 to make arrangements for a dumpster and to set up an account. No person shall collect garbage, trash or refuse within the City except a person, firm, or corporation who has a contract or franchise with the city.
Most of the electric lines in Tioga are owned and operated by Texas New Mexico Power. However, the following customers are on lines owned and operated by Grayson-Collin Electric Co-Op:
- Residents on the East Side of Mohawk Street
- Residents in the 1200 Block of Cutler Street
- Residents on Mary Ann Court
- Residents on Old Turner Place Road
To Report Power Outages, Call:
Texas New Mexico 1-888-866-7456
Grayson-Collin Electric Co-Op 903-482-7100
To find a Service Provider and compare rates, try:
Atmos Energy – 1-800-460-3030
Frontier Communications 1-800-921-8102 for billing and service questions
Republic Services (to report problems with service) -972-316-0789
Cable Television and Internet
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all internet services available in Tioga and does not address satellite television providers. Please contact providers directly to inquire as to whether they service the Tioga area.
Suddenlink Cable and Internet Service – 1-877-694-9474 Sales
Suddenlink Cable and Internet Service – 1-877-794-2724 Service
Rise Broadband Internet Service – 1-888-920-0870